Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 17, 2006

An Honest Laugh

One thing I have noticed about being a dad is that there are times when Jake makes me laugh. It might be his cute expression when I stand him up and clap his hands that does it. Sometimes, it's when I lay him on the changing table and he stares up at me with that look that says, "thanks for changing me...I feel better already!" But mostly, I laugh when he laughs. It's an honest laugh from inside of me because it's an honest laugh from inside of him. His smile and his laughter warms my heart like nothing I have ever experienced.

Many nights Holly and I find new and creative ways to make him laugh. Someday, closer to puberty, it will be harder to make him laugh. So for now we soak up those precious smiles and giggles and out of the overflow of our hearts we laugh. Honestly laugh.

Jason

4 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Jake is SO precious! I can't wait to squeeze on him! I'll squeeze on my Wollser too while I'm at it!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Liz*** said...

I love the picture on the previous post where he is on your shoulder. That look is classic Jake and it is soooooo adorable! I love that little guy!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, he will laugh at puberty...but it will be very sarcastic!!
Love,
Your Mother

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Monica said...

WOW this baby looks like his daddy!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home