Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Farewell To A Masterpiece

There's not been a whole lot to write about lately. I started back to work last week which is always an adventure. For those of you who don't know, I work part time for an insurance agency out of my home. It's a really painless job and I'm able to work when I want, which is when Jacob is asleep.

Jacob got his 2 month shots yesterday, and it broke my heart to watch. Some friends told me to turn my head and not watch but I couldn't bear that. It's like getting my own shots, I'm less tense if I can watch the needle go in my arm.

Jason and I are going on our first real date on Friday. I can't hardly wait for it to come. We are going to an event called Starry Night that has dinner and dancing. It's going to be wonderful to be among adults and eat a romantic dinner outside. I love doing things like this, and it's really nice when it's been such a long time. For those of you who are parents how long was it before you went out on a real date?

On Sunday Jason is taking me to see the 21 year running musical Les Miserables for our four year anniversary. Les Miserables is by far my most favorite musical and it never gets old. I absolutely love how an amazing story can inspire someone to compose an entire musical score. I can't wait to get lost in these familiar melodies, and cry my eyes out again for the third time and last time. It will be my third time to see Les Miserables and Jason's first. If you have not heard, this is the last season before the musical closes it's doors. So if you have yet to experience this musical delight, I strongly suggest that you find the nearest city where it is showing and see it. You may regret what I consider to be one of the greatest musicals of our time.

Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment. Have a great week!


Here are father and son on Father's Day.

We really tried to get Jacob to look at the camera. This is what happened.

We still can't get him to look at the camera. Aren't his little shoes adorable?!

8 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm so glad you guys will be going on a date this Friday! That should be very fun. Matt and I are going to see Les Mis tonight and I'm very excited. It's my favorite musical too, and Matt's never seen it. Even though they are saying "farewell," I just can't really accept that this musical will be gone forever. I have a feeling it will be a few years and then we'll see a "Revival tour" of it! :-) But still, we are not taking any chances and I wanted to make sure that Matt saw it.

Give Jake a hug for me--I hate that he had to be in pain while he got his shots. No fun.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger jaime s said...

Have fun on your date! We went out for a lunch date for our 2 yr. anniversary when Faith was almost 2 months old. Our next date wasn't until her 6 month birthday and my 30th birthday.

I haven't seen LM. I'll see if it's in our area.

Love the Father's day pics!

JS

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holly,
Congrats on the first date. Shane and I went on an overnight date when Elizabeth was 9 weeks old. The next morning, I was in such a rush to get back to her, but we had a good time being by ourselves. And those shots! Ahhh. Elizabeth has to go in 2 weeks for her one-year shots. I never like these doctor visits!!

Jacob sure is a cutie! Take care.

Kara

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Holly O'Quinn said...

Hey Carolyn,
I'm so glad you got to see Les Mis last night. I'm so excited to introduce the musical to Jason. I think if someone has never seen a live musical this is the one to start with.

Hey Jaime,
Isn't is hard to leave them? Jason's family was in town a few weeks ago and we all went to see the movie Cars while Jason's mother stayed with Jacob. I almost felt guilty as we pulled out of the driveway. Needless to say we hurried home when the movie was over.

Dylan,
O my goodness! I had no clue you knew about my blog! It's so good to hear from you. I really miss working with you. The office is learning just how spoiled we were having you around. Handling pending is just simply not the same! We all miss you. Congrats on your three year!

Hey Kara,
Thanks for dropping by! I can't believe Elizabeth is almost a year old. She is such a cutie. I loved your post today. It's unreal to think about being pregnant at this stage of having Jacob. Your mother did a great job with two little ones under the age of 1 year.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger DeLana Billingsley said...

Holly,
Don't feel guilty leaving Jake. Take a much needed break! Most people don't understand that moms really only need a few hours for a break and are ready to resume duties again! :) I think Bryce was only 16 days old when he first stayed all night with my cousin. She watched him so Mark and I could have a night out to ourselves. That big night ended up being going home and going straight to bed. We were exhuasted! So, take your date nights anytime they come! Enjoy!

Happy Anniversary (coming up)! Oh it seems like yesterday that we were flooded in Abilene, putting everything in your house up on blocks! Oh sweet memories! Oh wait, you knew nothing about that until the next day! ha!

Love you all!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Hi Holly! Jake just gets cuter and cuter! (I know I don't have to tell you that though). I love seeing the pictures of him.

Matt and I went on our first date just 2 weeks after Hudson was born. It was our anniversary and Matt's mom came and kept him for us. I have to say each date gets easier and easier, but the excitement of getting back to your baby will always be there. Yall have a blast. Enjoy every second of being alone together!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger TTidmore said...

Holly and Jason,

It is good to find your blog. Your little one is very cute. I am sure you are enjoying him.
I am glad you are going to see Les Mis one last time. It is also my favorite. Heather and I have seen it twice in NYC. The last time we were on the second row. Heather kept hitting me because I kept singing along. It is truly a classic. I hope you enjoy it one last time.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly, your two guys are adorable. I can't remember when Chuck and I had our very first date after parenthood struck us. I think it was our 10th anniversary. That was over 28 years ago, so the thought processes tend to fade in some areas. It seems like yesterday all of you were students at ACU. I am so proud of all of you and the life journeys you have directed yourselves upon. May God Bless you and your wonderful little family. Love ya, Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home