Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

10 Things You Need To Know About Jake

While many of you have had a chance to see lots of pictures of Jacob, you haven’t heard much about him. So, in the effort to keep you all informed on what he is like I thought I would give you 10 insights into the life of Jacob.


1. Jacob loves to eat. He was 6.7 lbs when he left the hospital and was 7.9 lbs. Only two weeks later. Thursday he has his six week appointment with the doctor and I know full well this child is well over the 9 lb mark!

2. Jacob loves his swing. I try not to make a habit of putting him to sleep in his swing, but if he’s really fussy the swing is a life saver!

3. Jacob holds his head up like a professional. From the day I met him he has been holding his head up and looking around. It’s unreal!

4. Jacob loves to dance with me to Michael Buble. Quite often I’ll have Michael playing in the background and I love to pick Jake up and dance with him. He seems to like it.

5. Jacob is a really cuddly baby. He loves to be held by anyone and everyone. He will probably be very social like his dad.

6. Hymns, Worship Songs, Showtunes, American Standards: I love to sing to Jacob from all of these fun to sing music genres, and then see his reactions to my voice. Last month I was having a difficult day with Jacob and his sour tummy. I think I sang everything from “There’s Just Something About That Name” to “Nature Boy”, it was good that I enjoy singing so much.

7. Jacob loves to be clean. I’ve never seen a baby who enjoys bath time and having his hair combed as much as this kid. He’s just like his dad! However, when it comes to a poopy diaper he will scream until it’s changed.

8. Jacob sleeps well at night. Since I’ve brought him home he hasn’t been hard to schedule. I think he knew the difference between days and nights. On average he sleeps 5 hours straight at night. I think that is spectacular for 6 weeks old.

9. Jacob grunts in his sleep. Holy Cow, this kid makes tons of noise. By the time he was 3 weeks old he was out of our bedroom and in his crib. Jason and I sleep more soundly now.

10. Jacob knows what he likes. He will only take the pacifiers given by the hospital. I’ve introduced a lot of different pacifiers, but he spits them all out. It’s a good thing I was able to find more at Target.

Well, that’s all the news for now. I would like to display some pictures but blogger is giving me a hard time. I'll see if I can post some tomorrow.

Blessings.

3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

It was so great to read this! I love hearing about your little man. I am still waiting to hear more about how mama is doing as well!

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have him down to a "T".
He is a baby with an opinion!
Just so all of your friends that read this know how I, his grami, feel about him...he is a gorgeous and handsome baby boy!!! I am sure other mothers will be embarrassed about their own babies when they see how cute the O'Quinn boy is!!
Just a little joke! But True!!
And so that all know this...he has a precious and Godly mother who loves and adores him. He has a father who loves his wife and son from the depths of his soul. He is a spiritual leader and will be a role model for this child and all others that follow.
This Grami has been blessed! Amen

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I LOVE hearing about Jake! He is SO cute with his little hair combed! Charlie was a loud sleeper too--like y'all, he was in his own room at 3 weeks so we could sleep. I can't wait to meet him! We'll be in the metro July 5th & 6th so hopefully we can come by and Charlie and Jake can meet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home