Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 16, 2006

I love this kid!

Jacob has been doing a lot of different things lately. He has discovered his thumb which has really come in handy when the pacifier falls out of his mouth. Now when he's hanging out by himself he won't start crying for his pacifier, he'll just stick his thumb in his mouth. He has also discovered that he has hair, and lots of it! He is always reaching for the back of his head and pulling on his hair. I'm surprised that it doesn't hurt him, but he doesn't seem to bothered by it. I guess it bothers me though. I dreamed last night that he was pulling chunks of hair out of his head! I know that must sound strange.

What else...Jacob went to his 6 week appointment last Thursday and he weighed 10lbs 10 oz. I could hardly believe it! This kid has gained so much from when he left the hospital 7 weeks ago at 6.7 lbs. He's such a champ! Jacob is also smiling and cooing a lot more. It's very sweet to hear him on the monitor making such sweet little noises.

The Lord is continually confirming that motherhood is a calling on my life. No matter what happens I am blessed to be able to care for this child. We have so much fun dancing around the house, listening to good music, and playing little games when he is awake. Even 2:30 in the morning is so special because I know that he needs me. Jacob has changed me in ways I can not quite explain. Children are a blessing from the Lord.

Enjoy some fun pictures!



Sleepy time. Isn't that face just precious?


Now I'm awake! Let's play!


I just had my bath and I'm very happy.

Jacob was really tired when I took these last two pictures. Hopefully I don't offend you over the fact that I think taking pictures of a crying baby are so darn cute. For some of you this might be great birth control! Look how glazed over he looks in the last one with some of his friends. They are all smiling and looking at the camera except for him.

7 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I can't wait to meet him!! The bathtime one and the stuffed animals one are my favorites!!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger jess said...

ok so I'm really excited you have a blog and that I get to see your sweet baby boy! He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him and see you guys!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger DeLana Billingsley said...

I must say, my nephew is so precious. Hugs and kisses from Aunt DeLana :)

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

He is beautiful! I am a fan of the fingers too! Bailey still sucks on two of hers when she needs comfort! How are you???

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Hi, I found your blog when I was searching for other people interested in Eternal Threads (random, I know). Anyway, it turns out we have a lot in common - even refering to our little ones as "peanut" in the womb! Enjoy your handsome little baby. We are blessed with little ones, motherhood, and the joy of the Lord!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Jason O'Quinn - PLG said...

Holly-

We need new pics of our little guy!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Summer said...

Holly,
It was so good to hear from you. I loved looking at pictures of Jacob. Motherhood does change us. It's an amazing thing. I can't even remember who I was before Ava.
Interesting that you mentioned the movie, "End of the Sword," because we just rented it a couple of weeks ago. It was an amazing story of faith and courage. The movie probably got my heart stirring along with the other things I mentioned. I am sure that you've heard about Naomi's mom. We have been in prayer for their family. She lived an amazing life of faith!
I don't know that Chad and I are called to missions for now, but I do feel like I need to be more intentional about broadening my perspective and praying for those who are suffering.
Good to hear from you. Tell Jason I said hello! I always enjoyed working with him in Campus Life!
Summer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home