Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I was just thinking: Why is it I can’t eat a raw tomato? It seems so harmless. Just slice off a piece, put a little salt and pepper on it and munch away. I see people doing it all the time. With un-ending pleasure and pure elation they gently bite into the succulent red gelatinous material, enjoying every bite as if it were their last. I don’t get it.

Here’s the kicker: I love to eat not-raw tomatoes. I am like Forrest Gump with shrimp when it comes to cooked tomatos. I like them stewed, boiled, fried, grilled, sautéed, baked, in salsa (still raw, weird, huh?) and in pizza sauce. I like tomato bisque, tomato soup, sun dried tomatoes, tomato chutney, tomato stir fry and tomato quiche. I like them in anything Mexican, even pico-de-gallo (also raw). But I just can’t swallow a raw piece of tomato by itself.

Am I alone here? Does anyone else have this problem with tomatoes?


Jason

9 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Liz*** said...

I am with you all the way Jas. Thanks for making me laugh this morning! :)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Wow J...
So insightful.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Blair said...

I'm the same way. Raw tomatoes gross me out. I thought I was alone.

Blair
Anti-tomatite

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I thought Jason was funny.

Brett

ps - just kidding - I understand completely

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly, remind me how we block comments from Brett?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Shanta said...

I cannot understand your plight. I am a lycopene lover and proud of it. Maybe your taste buds will change one day! Ken is the same way with lettuce. He will eat it at Pei Wei with chicken inside a wrap, but will not TOUCH salad. I do not get you men...

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason - glad you gave in to Holly's pleading! I totally agree about the tomatoes - I really try to like them - I want to like them (raw) but they are just so gross!

Holly, I would love to see another picture of your cute pregnant self! Miss you guys.

Lisa

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger jaime s said...

You described me to a T...I HATE raw tomatoes but LOVE them any other way...(I can't do pico though..so I do think that's weird!)

Tell Holly hello for me. Congrats on the expected arrival of your little one. We had our first just 7 weeks ago!!

Glad to hear from you guys!

Jaime (Bond) Sanderson

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger DeLana Billingsley said...

Nope, just you weird one! Ha!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home