Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 21, 2005

What Are We Thankful For?



I thought I would list some of the things that I’m thankful for. There is no reasoning to the order of these. That would have been much too difficult. Blessings.


I’m thankful for my home and the security it provides our family and those who enter it.
I’m thankful for my husband who loves all of me, flaws included.
I’m thankful for my Christ-centered parents and my upbringing rooted in faith, hope, and love.
I’m thankful for my closest girl friends that are sounding boards, encouragers, and prayer warriors.
I’m thankful for the hard times and struggles I have endured, and have yet to endure. They are the pieces that make my heart what it is.
I’m thankful for our country that allows me the freedom and the voice to proclaim Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and I hurt for those who are dying for theirs in other countries.
I’m thankful for the gift of life, and this peanut growing inside of me.
I’m thankful for my church home.
I’m thankful for my cell group.
I’m thankful for music, and how God has gifted me to express it.
I’m thankful for Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.
I’m thankful for my health.
I’m thankful for the five tall trees on our property, they are beautiful.
I’m thankful for breath, especially since I’ve been struggling with my asthma these last 2 weeks.
I’m thankful that I never have to do anything on my own, because even if I don’t feel God working in my life, I know He is working in my life.
I’m thankful for sweet nieces and nephews, and the brother’s and sister's who give them.
I’m thankful for the elderly, because they do hold a lot of wisdom.
I’m thankful for my Monday night girls.
I’m thankful for mountains.
I’m thankful for blue skies and rainy days.
I’m thankful for old musicals and the timeless songs from them.
I’m thankful for men like John Willis, Ragan Price, Mark Lewis, Wayne Barnard, and Gary Halford.
I’m thankful for women like Margaret Davis, Evelyn Willis, and Jo Pennington.
I’m thankful for good books, that all seem to be inspiring good movies. (Have you seen the holiday movie lineup?!)
I’m thankful for my salvation, and the freedom I have in Jesus Christ.
I’m thankful for holidays that serve as a reminder to be thankful.


Let me know what you are all thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger DeLana Billingsley said...

Holly, I am thankful to have such a wonderful sister-in-law. Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the HECK didn't I know you were pregnant???? My sissers don't tell me anything! Well congrats!!! When are you due?? Thats SOOO exciting!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Wolls--don't listen to Melody. I know I told her. She just doesn't listen. I'm thankful for the Billingsley-O'Quinns and the little peanut who we're finding out about tomorrow--right? My OB's name is Gary and he's little and cute. I think I'll call him Gare-Bear in honor of your dad!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever! Mimi NEVER told me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home