Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'VE BEEN A BAD BLOGGER!

I’m a good girl I am! Just like Miss Eliza Doolittle, it seems that I have been accused of poor etiquette. Well, poor blogging etiquette that is. I confess that I have not posted anything in over a month, and for this I’m sorry. Things were busy with the holidays, but I really don’t have a good excuse as to why it’s been so long. I’m going to try to be better.

Many things have happened with our little family since I last announced that we were having a boy. My sister and her family arrived back in the states after living in France for a year. It has been great fun spending time with all of them, especially the nieces. Emma and Clara are loads of fun to be with, and they make me laugh. Our time with them is short since they are planning to leave for Africa March 1st.

Jason and I have been burdened to reach out to those in our neighborhood for quite some time. We hope to continue to reach out to them a lot in this next year. We kicked off our efforts in December by hosting a Holiday Tea for the women in our neighborhood. We had a wonderful turnout, and I’m thankful for how God is working in the lives of the women.

We spent our Christmas holiday with Jason’s family in Taos, NM. It was a lot fun to have his whole family together in one place. We got to play with nieces and nephews, and breathe in the mountain air. I of course did not do any skiing this year, and Jason being the sweet guy that he is sat out with me. We enjoyed the beautiful weather, and it finally snowed the night before we left.

New Years was a lot of fun, with our family and friends. We had everyone over to the house for a big bash! We played games and enjoyed a yummy Mexican dinner. The kids went outside at one point and threw poppers on the ground, and rang noise makers. It was very cute. Needless to say we were very tired the next day. Jason had to get up and drive the church shuttle at 7AM, and I was singing with the worship team. We were beat after services, but didn’t want to miss out on the fun at my parents. We got to their house in time for black-eyed peas, and more fellowship. No worries, naps were had by all.

The New Year has started off well, and we are looking forward to a great 2006.


Peanut Update:
We have a name! After much discussion, Jason and I have decided to name our little peanut Jacob Haws O’Quinn. Jason suggested this name the day we found out it was a boy and I have loved it ever since. I think the reason why it took so long to decide was because Jason wasn’t as sold on it as I was. We were able to come to an agreement as long as he would be called Jake, rather than Jacob. Of course, his mama will call him Jacob, but everyone else is welcome to refer to him as Jake. His middle name is a family name on Jason’s side, and we wanted to include heritage to our son’s name as well. I’ve already heard from people who have friends who have a son with the same name, but I really don’t care. This name is so fitting and carries incredible meaning behind it. We couldn’t be more excited! We love it!

I’m still feeling really great! I have hit my 6 month mark, and people are finally beginning to take notice that I’m pregnant. I’ve been really small up until recently, and my belly is finally giving it away. What a relief! It’s a lot more fun to relish in the moment when you don’t have to explain to people you are pregnant.

I’ve been experiencing some lower back pain, which has always been a nuisance in my life. Unfortunately, the pain comes more often since I’ve been gaining weight. Thankfully, my yoga routine has been helping my back.

Well, hopefully this post redeems me from being so bad. I pray you are all doing well and that your 2006 has gotten off to a great start.

Blessings.

5 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Blair said...

I love that name. I'm so excited for you guys!

We talked about using Jake for kid #2, but since we have a Sam, and Sam Caire's brother is Jake, we thought it might be freaky for the Caires.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

Thanks for finally posting for us waiting!!! Remember...some of those at home with babies love to read our blogs! Call us "desperate housewives" if you want-that's ok!

Love the name! Claim it, own it. Every baby girl apparently is named Abigail but I think it suits mine just perfectly!

Glad you are feeling great. Keep the abs as strong as you can and the back should be manageable!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yeah! She's back! I love Jacob Haws! Both our boys have family names as their middle names. I love this. Their first name is something that is just for them, and their middle name reminds them of where they came from.

jenny

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Holly O'Quinn said...

Hey Blair,
Thanks for dropping by. I love it that you guys named your son Sam. The pictures of him on your blog are adorable, and the name is so fitting! By the way...Happy Birthday! It's today isn't it? Blessings on you and your family.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger DeLana Billingsley said...

We are so excited that you have picked a name for Peanut! We miss you and love you much!
Mark, DeLana and boys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home