Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 16, 2006

WISDOM AND INTEGRITY

My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2:1-6
In my previous post entitled A Prayer for Peanut, I shared with you the amazing bond I had formed with my child through prayer. I still have to admit it’s been an amazing prayer time, and God has opened my eyes in so many ways preparing me to mother this new life. Continually I’m reminded that I have no control, and that God has only given me one stance to take on the behalf of Jacob’s development, and that is through prayer. In these last six months I have been stretched and have allowed my hopeless flaws to be pointed out, yet my heart for being a mother continues to grow.

However, when I speak of development it’s become apparent that it’s not just about Jake’s lungs and heart that need prayers. It’s also his character. A few months ago I decided to start reading The Word over Jacob during my quiet time, and I was urged to begin praying for the wisdom and integrity of my son. I immediately stopped reading because I knew the Lord was right, it’s so fitting to begin praying this over a little unborn child, especially for a boy. From there my prayers for Jacob were filled with how God might begin developing in him a character based on these things, and use him in ways greater than I could begin to imagine. I prayed that Jacob would have an understanding of his true worth, and that it’s not in what this world tells him it is…everything just kept flowing. It was amazing. Since then my prayers for Jacobs wisdom and integrity continue, and I have been reading Proverbs 2, 3, &4 to him. It’s powerful, and I don’t really know how to explain it that even begins to make it all worthy of a blog post, but I had to share this.

I’m so glad that we waited to start a family until we were ready. It was apparent when God laid it on my heart and my priorities shifted, otherwise I don’t think this one of a kind experience would be quite the same. Blessings.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are wonderful...

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Girl,
To watch the Lord transform you into a Mother has been a wonderful experience. There is a loving softness in your spirit, which is fabulous, combined with your feisty personality! Seeing you experience this time has been a gift, and has encouraged me so much, and helped me to look forward to the (however distant) day when the Lord will bless us with such a gift. You are already a wonderful mother, and I know you will only continue to grow in your love for Jake and your understanding of the role you have been chosen for. You are precious!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home