Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 20, 2006

God's Timing...

Jacob is still waiting to come out. I figure that when God creates something so special He must have a really hard time parting with it. At least that's how I like to reassure myself these days.

I'm officially one day past my due date. Talk about an emotional bummer! I woke up yesterday knowing that it was my due date, and that Jacob would not be coming. How do I know? Do you ever spend time in prayer and hear the Lord telling you no? Well, that's what happened during my prayer time yesterday, and it was at that point when my melt down began. It started as a slight whimper and progressed into a full blown wale. Tears and snot were everywhere! Yuck! Sweet Jason, he just laid down next to me and held me as I cried. All I could say was "he's not coming today, it's not fair". I say all of this not so you will feel sorry for me, but really to give you an account of what's going on. Honestly, there is not much news to give.

Today I've continued to have more small contractions, but nothing huge. I've been walking about 35 minutes every day, and that seems to be the best thing to bring on more contractions. We've tried all of the many different techniques, but for me walking works the best. All in all, it still proves how much of this is ultimately out of my hands. I have no control and only God does. He continues to show me that, so I can throw up my hands and give Him the reigns. It's a lot easier that way, but I simply must be prayerful that I can continue to give this to Him each day.

I am scheduled to go back to the doctor on Monday. Hopefully we won't have to do that, but I have no clue. My doctor has told me he does not want me to go past 41 weeks, so we will induce if that's the case. Please be praying for this. I really do not want to induce. I don't think anyone makes a bad decision if they want to do this, but for me it's not what I want. That's all.

Well, hopefully we will have some more exciting news in the next few days. Until then, we wait.

Life Is Bliss even in times like this.

Blessings.

6 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Liz*** said...

Hang in there, my friend! He will come. I was just thinking how all of this is totally in God's hands and that He is preparing the right time for you to have Jacob...the right nurse has to be on duty to take good care of you (and not get on your nerves) and Dr. Fong has to be available and your body has to be ready. Good thing you aren't in control of all that!! Rest easy in His hands.

I love you and I am anxiously awaiting the phone call!! :)

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I was really anxious at 38 weeks when Charlie got here--I can't imagine how anxious you are. Even though you know God has his timing you're still a pregnant woman with raging hormones! Just know that it's ok to feel what you're feeling. No matter when Jake gets here it will be the greatest day of your life!

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly, Holly, Holly!!
All you need is the release of that certain hormone and BOOM!
God is good and we wait upon His timing. But should Jake need assistance in getting here next week, have faith in your doctor and trust his decisions. He will take good care of you. He doesn't want Jake to get too big...and neither do you!!
In the meantime, rest your body and mind. Maybe you need another massage. Tell me where you want to go and I will pay for it!!
You deserve it.Try to clean up the snot first.
Love you

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, good idea about the massage! I had forgotten, I went in about 4 or 5 days before Natalie was born to have one, and I told her to specifically work the points that are believed to put someone in labor, or help anyway. It felt GREAT and could have contributed to Natalie coming early.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger jaime s said...

I know how you feel. Faith arrived 5 days PAST her due date and everyone (at school and church) kept saying, "You STILL haven't had that baby??"

My suggestion: go ahead and schedule your induction...you'll go into labor in the wee hours of the morning the day your are supposed to be induced. That happended to us and SO MANY of our friends. We really didn't want to be induced either and apparently neither did Faith. She somehow knew the induction was coming and decided she'd change things up a bit!!

Prayers continue for all of you! It's the BEST experience....soak it all up!!!

Jaime

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger emily anna said...

I know the wait is hard... I am praying for you and Jason. Enjoy all of the sweet movement you are feeling with Jake still inside. It is such a powerful feeling. Try to enjoy the weekend... love you!
E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home