Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

WAITING

Okay, so it’s got to the point where waiting is extremely hard! I’m really anxious and ready for the ball to get rolling. Good news, I am 2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. I’ll take that any day. I was so nervous that the doctor was going to tell me there were no changes and I was exactly where I was the last time he checked me. This is one of those times where it’s really nice to be wrong! A lot of people have commented that I don’t look like I’ve dropped, but I think that’s because they forget I’m only 5 feet tall and I really don’t have much of a torso. The doctor was actually touching the Jacob’s head today. He’s is definitely dropped and in position.

I’ve had a monster list of things I’ve wanted to get done before Jacob came, and though it all was not accomplished I must pride myself on those that were. I know that it doesn’t really matter what the house is like, or how well Jacob’s room is organized, but I need a sound mind! I took an entire inventory of everything Jacob has. That way I was able to see what things he still needed. I have everything washed, folded, and hung up, according to size. That was a big job, but very fulfilling for me. I found myself praying for Jacob’s health and growth as I folded his little 0-3 onesies. It’s unreal how small some of his things are, and how a tiny body will actually fit into the clothes that are neatly folded and waiting to be worn. The last thing I hope to get done is steam clean the carpets. I borrowed my mother’s steam cleaner and plan to get this done sometime tomorrow. It’s a lot easier than it sounds. So, did any of you mom’s out there go through some of this? There’s no way I can be the only one.
I thought I would include some pictures of Jacob’s nursery, as well as me before my doctor’s appointment today. I’m 39 weeks on Wednesday.





















No swollen feet! This must be the joy of having a baby in April!




















Mom O'Quinn

That is quite the bump!

Jacob's Room!

Cute bumper pads with his initial.

I plan to spend hours in that chair! Notice the nursing stool. This also comes in handy for women who are 5 feet tall and have issues sitting in any chair that never allow your feet to touch the floor!

My mother helped me makes these cornices. I absolutely love them! Thanks for the help mom and dad!















Another view of the crib.









10 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Blair said...

I know exactly what you're talking about...minus all of the dilation and effacement.

And a clean carpet makes all the difference in the world. Dust and allergens consume my thoughts at all times.

Jacob's room looks awesome!! Perfect to make a little guy feel right at home. Good job!

We can't wait to meet this kid.

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl, you ARE getting close, nesting and all! I can't believe you are already a 2!! That's awesome to be that far along already. I wasn't even a full 1 when my water broke, so you're already ahead of me:) And the room looks awesome! I love the colors. See you soon hopefully!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Can't wait to hear about his arrival. Jacob's room and his mommy look beautiful!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger emily anna said...

You look great!!! I can tell that you have dropped. I love the nursery too... the bedding is so sweet. Let me know if you need anything! I had a very funny dream about me and you the other night- I need to tell you about it! Talk to you soon!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Holly O'Quinn said...

Wow I can't believe all of the fun comments!

Blair, I know you understand this already being that you are dad of one son and another on the way. We are really excited for you guys and your new little one. We need to try and meet up after Jake is born. I know Jason will love talking fatherhood with you.

Ang,
I saw you from a distance on Sunday. Jason told me about the advice Kevin gave him. It's funny because there were about 4 people who told us the same thing that day! Looking forward to seeing you soon. I hope!

Hey Jenny!
Thanks for stopping by again. I love reading about your boys. I can't believe Ethan is already a year old. What wonderful blessings you have in your sons!


Amy,
I would love to have this baby on Friday or Saturday so you can come to Dallas.

Emily,
Don't you just love the strange dreams?! Give me a call today or tomorrow and we'll discuss. This I've got to hear!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Girl, you look beautiful, and so happy! I am so excited to meet little Jake! Let us know if you need ANYTHING! Love ya!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Shanta said...

HOLLY! Oh my gosh, you are about to have a BABY. I can't believe it! You look great, sounds like you feel great too. Just take some deep breaths and hang on for the ride.. we can't wait!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Holly O'Quinn said...

Hey Kelli,
Thanks for being so sweet. I feel so huge at this point! I am certainly happy, and the Lord is blessing me each day with feeling calm as well.

Summer,
Thanks so much. We are incredibly excited. I loved the most recent Ethan story. He is so cute. Jason and I drop in on your blog regularly just so we can see how cute your son is. Precious.

Erin,
I know! I've been such a bad friend, and I can't find your phone number. My Great Aunt died the day we were on the phone and I had to travel to her funeral and memorial servcie that weekend. I'm so sorry. We will have to take a raincheck. I would love to have you guys over to meet Jake.


Thanks Shanta,
I do feel really great for the most part. It's weird to think that there is a baby's head between my legs. My walk must look really funny to people right about now! Thanks for the encouragement!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger DeLana Billingsley said...

Sweet Holly, you look so radiant!
Clean, clean, clean. That will help little Jake come out soon! Yes, that is very normal. It's amazing the things you WANT to do those last days!
Love you much,
DeLana

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 10:50 p.m. on Saturday, April 22, and MOM (NANA) is restless. Waiting is difficult, expecially when you want to see your new grandson! I'm praying for this little boy to come in God's own time and God's own way. Now why do I feel impatient? I love all of you. I'll keep praying and waiting. LOve, MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home