Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Another Update on Jacob

Most of you received an e-mail on how I was doing, but if I don't have your e-mail address then you haven't heard the latest.

Yesterday we went to the doctor, and things are continuing to progress. I'm still dilated 2cm, and am now "close" to being 75% effaced. My belly actually grew two more 2cm in a week! I went from measuring at 34 cm's to 36, and I lost a whole pound. Isn't that crazy? All of this pressure on my pelvis is really not bringing on any cravings. Food has become fuel and that's about it.

Jacob's position is at 0 which means he is extremely low. The doctor said that is really good for a fast delivery. Hallelujah!

I feel really great at this point, I'm just anxious about Jacob getting here. We really want to meet him and tell him how much we love him. These last 40 weeks have been so wonderful, and are a testimony to God's faithfulness, love, and provision. I can't understand how people can experience 40 weeks of physical and emotional growth, give birth to a child, and dare to say there is no God. Can you?

We are still waiting, but are praying for patience as we wait on the Lord and trust His timing. Have a blessed day.


Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired
His understanding is inscrutable.
He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
Isaiah 40:28-31

5 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am responding to your blog at 11:00 pm on Tuesday night. I cannot sleep because I am so excited about my new grandson. If he arrives within the next 24 hours, then both of my youngest grandsons will have the same birthday. I think that is fabulous!! What a great day it will be from now on.
My thoughts are focused on you and Jake tonight.
Love

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

We will be thinking of you! Get as much rest as you can! Jacob will be so precious!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pregnancy is not terminal! Remember elephants are pregnant for 21 months. So I quess women must be lucky or God knew exactly how much we could take!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Amy said...

It's Thursday...is Jake here yet?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home