Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 15, 2006

No Baby...

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...the John Denver song keeps playing in my head like a broken record! This is certainly the very hardest part of being pregnant, I just want this to come soon. Jason and I went to church tonight, and I heard that two girls that were due around the same time as me both had their babies yesterday. I can't begin to tell you how hard that is to hear at this point. Everyone seems to think that I'm going to have the baby tomorrow, but I just don't know. I can't figure out what my body or my heart are telling me.

I can tell that things have progressed since my doctors appointment on Tuesday, and I think quite possibly that my plug has broke. I've been trying to do everything I can to try and speed this up, but honestly, it's out of my hands. I know that God's time is perfect and is always better than my own. He sustains me.

Please pray that I will continue to trust God and His timing, and that my heart will be open to continue trusting Him. Please pray against anxiety and pray for restful sleep for Jason and me. I know that the enemy can certainly use these things against us, and discourage us in something that is natural and designed to be this way. I also petition your prayers for post pardom tendencies, that I will not have strong symptoms and will be most attentive to Jacob and his needs.

Thanks to all of you for your care and concern. Jason and I will keep you posted via blog or e-mail on how things are going in the next few days.

Blessings.

7 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE WILL COME!! This is the time when hours seem like days and days seem like weeks.
Jake is srtiving to be released from his comfortable temporary home and into this world where his parents and grandparents will adore him.
I love all 3 of you and long to see my newest baby grandson.
No advice at this point. Just a wish and a prayer that it will happen today.
Melinda

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl, I totally feel you at this point. I remember feeling the same way at the end, not able to sleep well, etc. Then as soon as my water broke, I just looked at Kev, started crying with excitement and nervousness, then I just wanted to lie there for a while with him and look at him and talk about how our lives were about to change in just a few short hours. I wanted to soak up every last minute with him and only him...I guess b/c I knew everything was about to change and I just wanted to take one last "picture". It's funny that I wanted her to come soooo bad, then when it was time to get to the hospital, I just wanted to stall. I talked on the phone for a while, we went through Taco Bell b/c I knew I needed some nourishment (if you can call it that)...by the way, eat something light on the way if you can b/c once you get there, they don't allow you to eat food; only ice chips, popsicles, etc. Kev snuck me some peanut butter crackers and a chocolate shake though later on since my labor was long and it had been way too long since my last meal, snack, anything. Just another tip from a mommy friend;) HANG IN THERE HOLLY! HE IS COMING, there's no doubt about it:)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger DeLana Billingsley said...

One thing we do know for sure is he will come out someday! So until then, ENJOY these last few moments that you and Jason have together before parenthood! Ha! I know it's easier said than done! Your addition to your family will soon be here! We love you and are praying for you all!
Mark, DeLana, Bryce and Dylan

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Girl, you hang in there! Jake will come when he wants to, and the only thing you can do until then is hang out and enjoy some wonderful by yourself moments with your sweet husband....this time will be a blessing and you know that. You are beautiful and precious, and you are COVERED in prayer. See you tomorrow, hopefully!

Love ya!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Holly O'Quinn said...

Hey All,
Thanks so much for your comments. I am so blessed to have your encouragement and prayers during this time. I went on a long walk tonight, and I have felt a lot of pressure. Jake is stretching in ways that he has not done before and his little foot is sticking out on the right side of my belly and it's killing me! I'm having contractions and feel like I'm still in early labor, but nothing huge has happened. I feel very relaxed for the most part, however Jason and I both struggle with the unknown. I think that's the hardest part about all of this. We love you all very much. Thanks for all of this wonderful support.

Blessings.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Shanta said...

Holly!!! We are so excited! I can't imagine how you are feeling today. This is such a boring day at work for me, and I jumped over to see what you're up to, and voila' you're practically in LABOR! Holy cow. Good luck sweetheart. We will be waiting with lasagne in hand at your door when the new arrival comes!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger mt said...

We are praying and thinking of you guys! Love you so much,

Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home