Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hello Again Hello!

It’s good to be back! The last few weeks have been hectic for me, but thanks to
Jason you have not been left with nothing to read. There’s no doubt that Jason
is much more comical than myself.

________________________________________________


I guess you could say I’m starting to go through withdrawal. The last two or three weeks have been dedicated to heading up the Spring Women’s Retreat at The Branch. (While I really don’t consider the month of February to be a part of Spring, that is the only place it could actually fit into the schedule over the next few months.) I had been extremely busy trying to get a lot of things in order so the retreat would be a success, and I can honestly say that it was. It was so wonderful and beautiful! It’s extremely exciting to step back and be hands off, and allow the Lord to lead. His fingerprints were everywhere, and I’m so thankful for how it ended up. I owe a huge thank you to my husband who organized the entire breakfast and lunch for all of the women at the retreat. He did an amazing job organizing and getting everything ready so all who attended could have a nice sit down lunch. It was quite a blessing and an honor.

_______________________________________________


Today is somewhat bittersweet. This evening my sister M’Liss, her husband Clint, and their two little girls Emma and Clara will board a plane taking them to their new life in Guinea West Africa. This is a very important and pivotal time in their lives, and that’s why part of me can’t help but rejoice. They have been preparing the last three years to get to this point, and it’s finally here. They’ve been visiting churches to raise support, going to classes, learning a new language, all in preparation to get them ready for what lies ahead of them and the team they will be joining in Guinea. I actually plan to commit an entire post to them so everyone can learn about the ministry that they will be involved with. Here is a brief summary of what they will plan to do:

They are joining an already established team through Pioneer Bible Translators. PBT does exactly what their title says; they translate the Bible into different languages and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ with this. There are so many who do not have the Bible in their own language, especially in the small villages in Guinea that all speak in different dialects. Can you imagine being a Christian and not having a Bible in your own language to read? We are privileged to have the Bible in our language as well as in so many different versions.

Clint will be heading all of the administrative duties that the team has a huge need for. Missionaries can easily get bogged down with everything that is involved with keeping in touch with supporting churches, and management of the ministry itself. This will be a great blessing to team they will be working along side with.

I do petition your prayers for their safe travels to Guinea. They will be stopping in France to change planes and will spend a few days there to give themselves a little break before heading on. I’ve been asked the question, is this sad for you? Yes, it’s sad that they will be so far away and they won’t get to meet Jacob until he is nearly 3 years old. However, I’m excited for them and what they will be doing, and the lives they will be changing for the sake of Jesus Christ. This is what they were called to do, and if you’ve been called by the Lord to do something or change something then you understand what I mean. This is a calling they began praying about nearly 10 years ago, and here they are today with their family on their way. Isn’t that exciting?! Yeah, it’s dangerous! But what isn’t dangerous these days? All of us risk our lives the moment we step out our doors each and every day. Seriously, 635 is absolute madness! Besides, I’d much rather die doing what the Lord called me to do, (no matter where that is) than living a meaningless life of what the world expected of me. Don’t take it the wrong way, I’m not implying that by living in the United States of America and working a job that earns a decent paycheck is wrong. There are not spiritual and non-spiritual jobs. We are all called to be missional and serve the Lord and His children in the workplace, wherever that might be. So, thanks for the prayers and I’ll keep you updated more on what they are doing.


_______________________________________________


Jacob/ Jake Update:
Okay, so the end is nearing! I’ll be 33 weeks on Wednesday, leaving me with 7 weeks to go. I can hardly believe it! I am still feeling wonderful, and don’t have a lot to complain about. I have remained very active up until recently, but now I have to take more time to rest and get off of my feet or I’ll be sorry. Jacob and I have regular conversations. It’s mostly me asking him to move into another position so I can breathe, but he seems to be listening. I’ve been having a lot of insomnia which is really frustrating come the morning, but I guess it’s just one other way of getting ready of what’s to come.


We had an ultra sound last month, and everything still looks great. The placenta has risen which was a small concern when it was too low at my 5 month ultra sound. This time it was a 3-D and it was unreal to see my little boy moving around so much and looking so developed. My doctor commented that he was really active. That was not a surprise! I still hear horror stories of how active I was as a child. My mother speaks of me escaping from the house when I was only 18 months, and crossing the street as if I knew what I was doing. Lord give me patience!

I had a lovely shower a few weeks ago. What a blast to get so many different things for Jacob. Now that the retreat is over, I have tons of thank you notes to write.

Jason has continued to be an amazing support through all of this. He does so much for me, and I love it. He cleaned our baseboards the other day! If that’s not love I don’t know what is. God bless him!

5 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hey Holly!

The retreat was AWESOME. You worked so hard and it really paid off.

I am praying for Clint, M'Liss and the girls, and admire them so much for what they are doing. I get teary eyed when I think about the people there who have been praying and fasting for someone to come and preach the word to them. We are so far removed from that world that it's easy to forget that there are such places.

You should post another picture so everyone can see how beautiful and radiant you look at 33 weeks!!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

It was great to read your update! I will be praying for your sister and her family! Sounds like you are doing great as well. As the end nears, here are my suggestions:
1. Rest as much as you can
2. Shower as much as you can
3. Eat only what you need(so you won't have to worry about it later)
4. Go out to see as many movies as possible! (You can usually get dinner in with a sitter but dinner and a movie...sorry girl!)

Love you!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Wollser!
Baby Jacob will be so precious! Can you even believe he's almost here?! I bet you look so hot right now--you need to post a pic of yourself and one of the nursery! If it makes you feel better I thought labor and delivery was much easier than I ever imagined. I hope you have the same experience!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Holly O'Quinn said...

Okay, okay, okay...
So I need to post a picture. I'll need to get Jason to take one right before I post it. I'm looking different everyday. Besides, I said in earlier posts that I would try and post a picture each month. It looks like I'm the one who over promised and under delivered!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Shanta said...

Great post Hollser. And great shower too! I'm still reveling in that mocha punch. WOW. I'm glad you are so active and pain free during your pregnancy. The calm before the storm of an active little angel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home