Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've got some serious dark circles under my eyes! I wish it was because I put on some cheap black eyeliner, but it's not. My kids won't sleep. Notice the plural...KIDS!!!! The last time I posted an update on here Johnny had been sleeping about 7 hours straight, but I spoke too soon. Then Jacob who has been the amazing sleeping child who loves to take naps decided he wants to be more like his brother. What?! Just when you think you have it all figured out and kids are getting settled, something just has to change. Some days I spend much of my time apologizing for being a grump and short tempered. I hate that girl. She's not very cool. I think Jason has been a grump as well, but he gets to deal with adults when he's tired during the day. Adults in the workplace may not always listen and follow direction but at least it's not in your house, and you don't love them!


At the same time, life still goes on and you manage. We've had a lot of things going on lately and seem to do a good job staying busy despite our incoherent state of mind. :)

At the start of the month Jason went on his yearly Man Trip to Taos for an entire week. It wasn't so bad and my parents took Jacob for one of those nights. I was so glad when Jason got back into town though. The early evenings when Jason normally gets home for dinner and then helps with bedtime was tough on my own. I reaped some reward by getting to go to the Women's Retreat while J watched the kids. However, I do feel a day of pampering or a least a massage is in order. Can I get an Amen?  Please comment if you agree. :)

Jacob recently had a rodeo at school and they asked all the kids to dress western.  Jacob was really excited about wearing his boots.

Although he was excited to wear the boots.  Taking a picture was not one of them.
Here we are at Johnny's baby blessing at church.  It is such a special time to receive this blessing from your church family.  I loved it when they did this for Jacob as well.
Jacob enjoying his first ride at the State Fair!  He was not tall enough to ride by himself so I got in there with him.  At first he loved it and then he was totally freaked out.  He kept saying "oh no!", every time the car would jolt quickly.
Johnny trying some cereal for the first time. This is probably a little early but he seems like a hungry fella.  I decided to try it.  Most of it ended up on his face.  It was cute though.


On Saturday we braved the crowds and went to the arboretum.  It was so much fun and was the beautiful day outside.  Johnny slept the entire time since I had him in the sling and I hated to wake him up for pictures.  We enjoyed a lovely picnic looking off at White Rock Lake.  This was a two thumbs up for sure!
We went to pick out pumpkins the other day.  We got four, one for each member of the family.  Jacob was so excited to get to pick out the different pumpkins.  He got the biggest for daddy, then mommy, himself, and Johnny.  Here he is with Johnny's pumpkin.

Well, I think I need to do a Johnny post.  He was 4 months on Sunday so hopefully I can get it up soon, but don't hate me if I don't!

Enjoy this wonderful season!

Blessings

7 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Sounds like you are having fun, in spite of being tired! I love all the pics, they are both so sweet. We need to get together soon! Hope you can get some rest soon!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Liz*** said...

You get an amen from me, Girl! Massage, nice dinner, mani and pedi! :)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Cute pics, and I second that massage amen!!!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

You are definitely in need of some pampering! So glad you updated and the pictures are great. It was wonderful to see you all and meet Johnny. Hopefully it won't be so long before we see you again! Love you.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Amy Porter said...

Mark just had his "man trip", too...I should've just come and hung out with you like old times...except this time it would be with 4 children in the mix! You do need some pampering...take me with you! :)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Grammy Forest said...

Oh Holly, the boys are so adorable. Jacob reminds me of my son Bill. He had the same blond hair and the same haircut. Years go by so fast. Bill will be 40 in December. Johnny is so adorable wearing his cereal. The pumpkin patch is awesome. We are flying up to Virginia next Saturday,the 8th, then drive to Georgia and fly back home on December 6th. We are so excited to spend some time with Charlie and Riley, oh yeah and their parents!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Naomi said...

I enjoyed reading your update! I hope you are getting more sleep now! Cute pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home