Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

CLEVER CUTIE

The other day I walked into the kitchen to find my child on the floor sucking on a scrub brush from underneath the sink. I did not calmly hold my composure before hastily removing the brush from his hand. I freaked out imagining all of the germs that the brush probably carried and then reality sunk in...how in the world did he get into the cabinet??? Yes, my almost 13 month old child has figured out the child proof safety locks on our kitchen cabinets!!!!!!! It was quite frustrating since this was the second time we had run into this problem. First, we used the locks that go on the inside of the door and it has a latch that catches. He figured those out simply by pressing all of his weight on the door and putting his hand on the latch to release it! I was very surprised. So, after the first failed attempt we resorted to the locks that go on the outside and fit around the hardware. We knew we had outsmarted the little guy and we actually did for a few months! However, to our disappointment the knobs on our cabinet doors are too close together. Of course Jason and I are not smart enough to figure it out, so we had been expanding the lock taking it off and putting it back on whenever we needed to get something out. Jacob just lifted the lock up and pulled it off! Talk about frustration! We have now opted for the rubber band approach. I guess we'll see how long it takes him to figure this one out. Clever little cutie huh?

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger emily anna said...

That is amazing! He is pretty smart! I actually saw a childproofing lock yesterday that is magnetic. It comes with a piece that mounts on the inside, and a magnetic key that locks and unlocks it from the outside... it looked great! Here is the link:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=461757&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85216&subCategoryId=86199

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I just give Charlie something more interesting to play with like sharp knives or rusty nails, then he doesn't care about playing in the cabinets. :) Really, I don't know. Charlie hasn't figured out the cabinet locks yet so we're still good. Jacob is SO precious. His little teeth are s o cute. Charlie's pointing at his picture right now and is trying to say his name. They need a play date! I need one with you too!

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is very mechanically gifted like his Paw Paw Earl

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Impressive I think your son is going to be the smartest kid ever. I know some adults who have issues with the child proof things. : ) I would have fallen over dead if I had seen my child sucking on the scrub brush. I guess that was a better choice than eating a bottle of commit?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a problem-solver that boy is! He's going to be such a marketable employee some day! Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home