Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Little Baby Boy

Wow! Nine months old! Jacob went to his nine month appointment on Monday. Everything went great and he is still a healthy bouncing boy...literally. Many of his friends seem to be exceeding him in size but I didn't think much of it until I heard the percentage's he fell into.

Height: 26 3/4 inches 5th percentile
Weight: 17.3 lbs 6th percentile
Head Circumfrence: 44.5 cm 26th percentile

Bless his heart. I'm afraid he's taking after me and not his 6'2 daddy. There are advantages to being a small kid, but it can be hard to. I guess I can just remember some of the things that I had to deal with as a kid just for being short. I know, I shouldn't be worring about this yet, but I'm just protective already.

He's doing great though. He's pulling up and sitting down all of the time, and I got him a little car that he can push around and walk with. He's also started snorting when he laughs and when he gets excited. Every morning he wakes up and I bring him into bed with me to cuddle and he says bye bye and ah da repeatedly. Jason and I tell ourselves that he's trying to say da da, but we don't know. He says a lot of na, ma, and pa as well. Now when I see little babies I realize even more how much our sweet baby has changed. It's exciting to watch him grow, but a little sad at the same time.

Well, here are some more pictures for your enjoyment.




Jacob loves looking at his reflection in the TV. Here he is on Saturday when my dad was watching him. He's wearing one of Jason's favorite t-shirts. "I may be small, but I'm still the man" I would have to agree.



This was hilarious. He was laughing so hard in this picture. Yes, he was snorting as well!



Last night we had spaghetti for dinner and Jacob ate some noodles for the first time. It was everywhere!



Trying to decide if he likes it or not.

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger emily anna said...

He is too cute Holly! It's too bad that we don't live close by anymore... Luke could have been Jacobs bodygaurd! Luke is over the 100% for everything! He already weighs 22 pounds!!! Thanks for posting the pics... I hope to see ya'll soon!
E

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly - You don't know me, I'm Kelli G.'s aunt. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blogs about Jacob. He is so sweet and I get to hear about him from Kelli, too. The pics are fabulous, also! Take care and continue to enjoy... I know it's cliche-ish, but he'll be grown soon!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Amy said...

He's SO precious! Why would he snort when he laughs? I wonder where he gets that from...:) He and Charlie will have to hang out--they can be short together!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Holly O'Quinn said...

Hello Kelli's Aunt!
Thanks for your sweet comments and I'm glad you like reading the blog. I knew I had a lot of lurkers out there that I knew nothing about! Keep coming back!


Hi Amy,
I don't know what in the world you're talking about..... How is little Charlie? I love looking at his sweet face on your blog. He always seems happy, except when you take in crayons away!

Emily,
I'm so glad you commented. It sounds like Luke is getting around so easily. I wish we still lived close so Luke could be Jake big buddy.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Wollser--another post please!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home