Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 06, 2007

Oh No You Didn't!!!!!



I thought the plant fascination was over with...boy was I wrong! On Saturday Jason and I were both working in the kitchen assuming our angelic child was quietly playing on the floor with his toys. Knowing that it all of a sudden seemed more quiet than normal I peeked my head into the living room and this it what we found. It seemed best to capture this with a picture in an effort to keep me from coming unglued. It was only about the third time it had happened that day. Seriously, the kid has not cared about plants for about three months. Why all of a sudden when he's faster and smarter does he take up an old habit? Ug!



Yeah, it's official. I'm the mom of a toddler, or should a say a little monkey? He climbs on everything. I was the same way as a child. If there was something bigger than me I was going to find any way I could to conquer it. Last week I was on the phone and Jacob was out of my eyesight for a few minutes. He had figured out how to climb from the back of the couch to the front of it. I caught him when he was almost all the way over. How in the world?!!!! On average I probably stop breathing 2 or 3 times a day. The bigger he gets the more ambitious he gets. Maybe I should enter him in a gymnastics class. He really needs a playground in the backyard but I refuse to pay full price for one, so I've been looking around at second hand stores and garage sales. Have you ever priced a plastic slide at Wal-mart? Yikes! Let me know if you hear of any good sales.

In other news we've been working at staying cool this summer. Ha! Our air conditioning went out over the weekend, and we ended up having to replace the entire system. Thankfully the technician who came to the house on Saturday was able to kick start the fan until they could come out on Monday to replace the system. Praise the Lord! We ran the air but it was making a horrible sound, so we ran the air on 80-82 so it wouldn't run much. It was a lovely weekend...actually it was a lot of fun. We had some wonderful family time and played with Jacob a lot. Here a few pictures from the weekend.

Oh! By the way...here are some Jacob stats. He has now grown 4 inches in the last 3 months putting him in the 25th percentile for height. There is still hope that he'll end up tall! His weight is another story...Jake is still weighing in at a whopping 19.3 pounds putting him in the 3rd percentile. I'm feeding him, but he just runs it all off! I wish that worked on me as well.


We got away from the heat on Sunday by playing out in the backyard and doing a little yard work....


My happy wet boy!


Helping dad with the plants. There's nothing better than getting drenched and then rolling around in some dirt! Jacob definitely left a ring around the bath tub that night!!!!

Well, take care and stay cool.

Blessings.

7 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Becky said...

So cute!!! I think that Maggie's going to catch up to Jacob in weight!!! I'm dreading the day when Maggie is mobile. Isn't that terrible!??

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hilarious!! What a funny boy. I don't know where he gets all that from. :)

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

So funny! I love the strategy of taking a picture to avoid becoming unglued--very smart! Jacob is so precious.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously believe that all my grown children deserve a small portion of the "pleasure" that they handed me when I was already at the end of my rope!
Blessings and have poison control on speed dial!!!'
Melinda /Grami

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Amy Porter said...

My internet has been down, so I am just now seeing these cute pictures! I love that other parents deal with monkey children, too!! Mallory does the same thing! It is amazing to me some of the things she is able to do! CRAZY!! My mother-in-law tells me Mark was the same way. She said he used to end up on top of the refrigerator! YIKES!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Tami said...

What an adorable family!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger jaime s said...

How funny! He's so cute!!

I enjoy keeping up with you via your blog. You've been blessed beyond measure and it's fun to get to see some of the specific blessings for myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home